Diagnosis: Male factor infertility complicated by DH's Robertsonian Translocation 13;15.
IVF #1 July 2006 (Pensacola, FL) 23 eggs retrieved. 18 fertilized via ICSI. PGD. 8 "normal" embryos. Freeze all cycle due to severe OHSS. Hospitalized for 8 days.
FET #1 November 2006 (Pensacola, FL) Canceled at the last minute (after taking all the meds and shots for about 3 weeks) due to nonsuppression.
FET #2 September 2007 (Pensacola, FL) Transferred 1 female embryo. BFN.
FET #3 November 2007 (Pensacola, FL) Transferred 2 male embryos. BFN.
Decided to change fertlility clinics, so consulted with CCRM in Denver and SIRM in Las Vegas. Chose CCRM and transferred remaining 5 frozen embryos from Pensacola to Denver to have them genetically re-checked. 3 embryos died upon thaw, 1 embryo's genetic test came back inconclusive. 1 embryo normal for chromosomes 13 & 15. Re-froze the one normal embryo and the one inconclusive embryo.
One-day work up at CCRM in April 2008. FSH 7.18, E2 29, AMH 4.3, AFC 35+, genetic testing on me all came back normal. DH's genetic testing came back with 65% of sperm are affected with the unbalanced translocation.
IVF #2 July 2008 (Denver, CO) 30 eggs retrieved. 26 mature. 23 fertilized via ICSI. PGD. 7 embryos normal for chromosomes 13 & 15. 1 embryo made it to freeze. Transferred 2 grade AA blasts. BFN.
IVF #3 November 2008 (Denver, CO) 34 eggs retrieved. 25 mature. 22 fertilized via ICSI. 15 blasts for CGH testing. Results: 8 abnormal & 7 no results. The 7 no results will be thawed, re-biopsied, and re-vitrified; and the cells will be sent for FISH analysis for the translocation. Should get those results by Christmas. UPDATE: 1 blast is normal for 13 & 15 and 1 blast still no result.
FET #4 February 2009 (Denver, CO) Our first ever BFP!! Beta #1 (9dp5dt): 174 !!!!! Beta #2 (11dp5dt): 401 !!!!!
I apologize for the hiatus, but I just haven't been on my computer. I've been using only the cell phone for my Internet stuff. Anyway...
I am 6 weeks pregnant today! It still seems so surreal to me. Ever since my nurse told us how far along we were (at 4 weeks 2 days), Jerry has woken up every morning and exclaimed how far along we are and then he kisses my belly. Awww. Jerry has been doing everything, and I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g... Cooking, cleaning, laundry, yard work, grocery shopping, you name it he did it. He wouldn't let me lift a finger. The only thing I've been doing is being a lazy lump on a log. Whenever I get up, he asks me, "What are you doing?" or "What do you need? I'll get it for you." He's so good to me. What more could a girl want? I won't go into the mushy mode... lol
Here are some milestones that are going on with the baby this week:
The head, tail, and arm buds are easily recognizable. The optic vesicles and lenses form. Limb buds are present. The earliest form of the liver, pancreas, lungs, thyroid gland, and heart appear. Blood circulation is well established. The heart bulges from the body. The cerebral brain hemispheres are enlarging. In the stomach area, the primary intestinal loop is present. At this time, the baby weighs 1/1,000 of an ounce and is a quarter of an inch long.
Amazing, isn't it?
Anyway, onto the update on me...
Last Wednesday, I had my 1st hormone check after the first beta. My E2 was 1500 (they want over 300) and P4 was 9.8 (they want over 6). I was told to stay on the 4 Vivelle patches every other day and Prometrium suppositories three times a day.
Last Thursday, I got the results of my 3rd hyper-coag panel. It wasn't the full panel, as they only re-tested the ones that came back abnormal (November '08) and then normal (January '09) for Protein-S and Plasminogen. So this third time (February '09) was going to be the tie-breaker, so to speak. The tests came back normal, with the Protein-S level at 103 (the norm is 58 - 150) and Plasminogen at 123 (the norm is 78 - 130). So it looks like I don't have to be on Lovenox, although I would gladly take it if need be.
This morning, I went for my 2nd hormone check. My E2 is 662 and P4 is 9.5. I am concerned about the big drop in my E2 level. That's a big drop, at least to me, to go from 1500 to 662 in one week without changing anything. As if I didn't have enough to worry about, this afternoon I started some brownish spotting. It's not much, but being the TP obsessor that I am, it's noticeable. Tomorrow, my nurse is going to discuss with Dr. Schoolcraft and call me back. I'm anxious to hear back from her.
I'm trying to remain calm, but it's so hard. We're just taking it one step at a time. Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to getting a call from my nurse. Then we'll know what's next (add more estrogen meds, another hormone check, etc.). My ultrasound is scheduled for March 17th - St. Patrick's Day. Hopefully, it'll be a lucky day for us. We need to hear at least one set of heart beat. Grow baby/babies grow. Mommy and Daddy love you and need you to grow. Please!!