Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

8/07/2008

My reality

This morning, I had to drive my sister to the airport. She's visiting a couple of her friends in NYC. Besides seeing her friends, she's been wanting to go to the Little Mermaid Broadway show.

After dropping my sister off at the airport, I spent the rest of the day with my mom. She had a few errands to run, so I went with her. My mom's fridge quit on her last night. She's only had that fridge for about a year and a half. It's a GE by the way. I guess they don't make them like they used to. After what seemed like hours and hours, she finally found one that she liked. It's a LG French door fridge. It's basically a side-by-side on the top and the freezer drawer on the bottom. She bought it at Best Buy so that Jerry could get Reward points.

While shopping around town today, I've noticed a lot of pregnant women. Seriously, is everyone pregnant but me? It's like everywhere I turned, there were women with their big pregnant bellies. I was so jealous!! I couldn't help but stare at their bellies, wondering if they realize just how blessed they are. I saw a pregnant lady come in the store pushing a stroller. I couldn't take my eyes off her belly. I bet she was there to get something for the nursery. While my mind was wondering and making up stories of why she's there, I was brought back to reality...my reality of our childless existence.

Then I thought of one of the bedrooms in our house. The front room to be exact. It had always been reserved as the nursery room. We've been in our house for 12 years now, and that room is still empty. We've decorated the rest of our house - but that room is kept immaculate so that one day it could be the nursery. Every time I go in that room, my heart just aches. I can only stay there for a few minutes before I start crying.

Yep, that's my reality.

No comments: